ITudr is an educational platform designed for both students and tutors of Berkeley University, which counts more than 40 000 students, to get the most out of their academic experience. Students can find tutoring tailored precisely to their needs by running searches on subjects and tutor availability, as well as a wide range of other customizable filters such as home campus, course, professor, teaching style, and price. Tutors have the flexibility to set their hours and rates and can teach whenever and wherever they want. After the completed session students can leave feedback about it and assess the chosen tutor.
The main goal of ITudr is to help students get personalized help from tutors who have been in their shoes. The platform offers a customizable student and tutor matching service service, providing peer-to-peer learning with all the capabilities of a virtual class.
Emphasoft developed backend and frontend for iTudr and devised a comprehensive user-friendly interface that makes tutor searching easier and online sessions more convenient.
- a login system and personal accounts
- a platform interface design
- an elastic search system with the ability to sort tutors by number of hours worked on the service, cost ascending and descending, relevance and rating
- chat allowing for tutor and student communication and file exchanges
- an ability for tutors to create session cards, which students can accept if the session met their requirements.
- landing pages for introducing and representing iTudr service
- a payment system allowing student to add a credit or debit card for making payments directly to the tutor's bank account after a successfully completed session.
The main technologies which have been successfully applied are Python and React.js and Elasticsearch. Emphasoft is glad to take part in such a significant project, providing input on increasing students’ educational level.