Each year, the Google Play and App Store publish about 1 million applications, profiting a variety of companies. Perhaps that is why a lot of people think that developing a mobile application is easy.
The Emphasoft team has extensive experience in developing mobile applications, and we are confident that a competent mobile business application cannot be developed by one person with a little money.
In our article, we will tell you the amount of time, the minimum number of specialists, and the budget required to develop a product.
Time always depends on the complexity of the application. Each company has its own categories of complexity, but we will describe the standard approach.
– simple applications made according to templates and contain about 5 screens, do not exchange data with any of yours or other companies’ databases. These applications are developed from 1 week to 2-3 months.
– medium complexity applications include about 10 screens, a personal account, authorization through social networks, integration with a server or website and payment systems. These include most online stores and booking systems. For several platforms, they are developed in 3-6 months.
– highly complex applications supporting real-time synchronization, integration with many databases, animations, working with downloaded content, and a lot of custom functions will take more than 6 months to develop.
Also, you need to know the number of platforms (iPhone iOS, iPad iOS, Android phone, etc.) on which your application will work.
6-10 people per application:
1. Product manager
Assembles project plans, tracks key milestones, adjusts plans, and tasks to meet the needs of the business, and also coordinates effective communication with all stakeholders throughout the process.
2. UI/UX designer
Understands the need of your target audience and their market preference, so you can make your app more interactive and engaging.
3. Back-end developer
Creates an important part of a mobile app that is responsible for data storage, security, and business logic.
4. Android developer
5. iOS developer
Has deep knowledge of Objective-C and Swift to write apps.
6. QA specialist
Puts the application’s functionality through its paces, uncovers usability issues, reports bugs and errors to development teams.
Each project has its own main steps of the app development process, throughout which these specialists work. You can learn more about it in our previous article.
Generally, the cost of making a mobile app ranges extremely: from nearly zero to unbelievably expensive.
The price to make an app depends on different aspects:
– type (game, medicine, business, social networking, sports, banking, etc.)
– features & infrastructure
– platforms (iOS, Android, etc.)
– number of pages
Calculating how much it really costs is a difficult task. If you want to do this, you need to have a good idea of the end result and be technically savvy in order to evaluate the labour costs for each function.
These are the minimum requirements for launching apps of different sizes.. But work on an application doesn’t end with the release. The application should continue to attract users and be constantly updated. Also, you need to continually collect and analyze metrics to find a way to make the product even better. Companies that professionally plan, develop, and support applications can help you with this.